Kate is a Clinical Psychologist with 20 years of experience in the NHS, now practicing at the Winfield Hospital in Gloucester. She specialises in working with adults with a wide range of difficulties in a structured, collaborative and empathic way. Trained to use multiple theoretical models to understand and help people, she tailors her work to each individual’s need. She has a particular interest and expertise in cognitive therapies, including cognitive-behavioural, schema-focused and dialectical behaviour therapy.
Kate treats people with a broad range of problems. These include:
- Eating problems (e.g. overeating, repeated dieting, poor body image)
- Grief and loss
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Panic attacks
- Psychosis (especially helping people to cope with voice hearing, helping people to examine their unusual beliefs)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Psychological problems as a consequence of physical health problems
- Social anxiety and shyness
Often people have more than one difficulty to contend with, Kate is especially skilled in helping people with complex problems who may have had other help before.